perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jonathan Vanasco <jvana...@mastersofbranding.com>
Subject Re: is there a templating system that....
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2005 21:18:16 GMT
On Aug 15, 2005, at 4:45 PM, Perrin Harkins wrote:

> Since Petal (and HTML_Tree, but that's a dead project) are the only
> ones
> that do this at all, I'd say most people are doing just fine without
> templates that are valid XML.  I don't remember you mentioning this
> requirement earlier.  If you had, I would have told you Petal was your
> only option.

Yeah, I never mentioned that... although it was mostly because I
assumed that most templating languages would provide for that.  I
think looking at everyone's suggestions and talking with everyone
pushed me more towards Petal too.

HTML::Template does provide for it in a roundabout way - using
comments, and the new version of Text::Tagtemplate handles it well.
Neither are 'viewable' templates.

On Aug 15, 2005, at 4:48 PM, David Nicol wrote:
> By having validatable templates, he can reduce his interactions with
> the designers.

That's pretty much dead on.

Ironically, right now I'll be doing the bulk of the html design and I
wish I could reduce my own interactions with myself, but I don't know
if that's possible.  Looking into the future I want to be able to
compartmentalize responsibility.  And blame.

On Aug 15, 2005, at 4:14 PM, David Nicol wrote:
> I'm seriously considering publishing a Template::Substitution::KISS or
I'm a firm believer in KISS