perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Chris Werner <Chri...@unicel.com>
Subject Mod_perl Apache to encapsulate legacy protocol
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 14:58:23 GMT
I am in process of porting an existing cgi database application over to
Mod_perl2 Apache [and learning Mod_perl at the same time]. I have moved all
cgi scripts over to registry scripts and am working on moving to handlers.

The app is a server listening for connections speaking a simple in-house
developed protocol  and logs information into a database for later display
[and manipulation] by Apache based web pages.

I had a thought of scrapping the exiting server, and using Apache as the
server for both the incoming data and for the web page interface to the
database.

My question is: how to best set up Apache MP2 to accept a legacy protocol?

Thank you,
Christian Werner