perl-modperl mailing list archives

From David Nicol <davidni...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: is there a templating system that....
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2005 22:18:55 GMT
On 8/12/05, Jonathan Vanasco <jvanasco@mastersofbranding.com> wrote:

> working across the spectrum from design only to code only and in
> between , I realized what works and is efficient for me and the people
> I collaborate with -- and that is them making little pretty things and
> not being able to have any control whatsoever of the logic in there.

The documentation for PHP's "Smarty" templating system includes
some very nice prose discussing the justification and rationalization
for templating systems in general.  Why would PHP need a templating
system when PHP is itself a templating system?  At first it seems like
the starbucks in the restroom of the starbucks -- but the practice of
PHP grew to the point where separating logic and presentation became
required.