perl-modperl mailing list archives

From David Nicol <davidni...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: is there a templating system that....
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2005 21:42:37 GMT
On 8/12/05, Perrin Harkins <perrin@elem.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 15:45 -0500, David Nicol wrote:
> >      my $output = $TemplateCache{$template_name};
> >      $output =~ s/\[(\w+)\]/$InsertableVariables{$1}/g;
> >      print $output;
>
> The second it gets more complex than that, stop and use one from CPAN.

Agreed.  But that seems to be all Vanasco wants.  You can
make your templates directory appear like a hash with DirDB,
and call yourself done.  DirDB is light on the memory as the
templates  get stored in the OS' file system cache, from which
they are efficiently slurped as needed, and the unused ones
don't take up any swap space.