perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jonathan Vanasco <jvana...@mastersofbranding.com>
Subject Re: is there a templating system that....
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2005 20:39:59 GMT

Yep.  Validate templates.

What the template renders to better damn well be valid -- but if I
use a templating system that allows for invalid templates, then it
becomes my job to restructure them to be valid in addition to doing
the logic and substitution.  Thats a mess.

I want designers that I work with to make valid templates that I just
swap stuff in and out of.  I run everything that I get through
xmllint, and if its good I use it, if not, they fix it -- not me.