perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Boysenberry Payne <boysenbe...@humaniteque.com>
Subject Trying to get File and Directory info off of external server quickly
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 21:12:56 GMT
Hello All,

	I've got a two server platform one a static server for files and runs
the mysql server
and the other runs mod_perl.  I'm trying to figure out the fastest way
to get info on directories
and files from the static server to the mod_perl server.  Right now I'm
using Net::FTP which
is really slow, especially when they're a lot of files.  Unfortunately,
I need to check the file info
quite frequently.  I was wondering if anyone knew what was the fast way
to get this info, LDAP,
SSH, etc?

Thanks,
Boysenberry

This message contains information that is confidential
and proprietary to Humaniteque and / or its affiliates.
It is intended only for the recipient named and for
the express purpose(s) described therein.
Any other use is prohibited.

http://www.habitatlife.com
The World's Best Site Builder