perl-modperl mailing list archives

From John ORourke <john-modp...@o-rourke.org>
Subject MP2 easy cookie interface available
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 15:56:03 GMT
Hi folks,

I found the available cookie methods a bit tricky to use (I think the
blessed scalars or overloading were confusing me!), so I wrote a simple
cookie interface to use in place of Apache2::Cookie.  Most of the code
is copied from that.

I haven't got time to CPAN-ify it at the mo, but there is some POD at
the bottom and there are no licence conditions attached - I guess it
should inherit the Apache2::Cookie license?

Its main feature is automatic use of MD5 hashes to protect the cookie
from being modified by the user, so you can store things in it safely.

Grab it here:
http://www.versatilia.com/downloads/Validated.pm

and install it as Apache2/Cookie/Validated.pm somewhere in @INC.

cheers