perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Christopher H. Laco" <cl...@chrislaco.com>
Subject Re: Adding Directives At Runtime
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 16:23:04 GMT
Frank Wiles wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:07:51 -0400
> "Christopher H. Laco" <claco@chrislaco.com> wrote:
>

>>So, given a list of urls, is it possible to dynamically add <Location
>>/somemethod> tags to Apache? I think so, I just don't know where to
>>start.
>

>   I think this is what you are looking for:
>
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/config.html#Apache_Configuration_in_Perl
>
>  ---------------------------------
>    Frank Wiles <frank@wiles.org>
>    http://www.wiles.org
>  ---------------------------------

Yes, and No. Read it. It seems to cover more of doing things like that
in <Perl> sections. What I'm more curious is if it can be done during
this phase:

	PerlModule MyCatalystApp

What I don't yet grasp is if adding  to the httpd.conf at runtime is
limited to a particular phase of if I could have any mod_perl handler
actually alter the http config while serving live requests. Could I have
a mod_perl page whereby the user submits a form, that in turn added a
Location directive to the runnin apache processes?

-=Chris