perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "tony@clearfox.com" <t...@clearfox.com>
Subject Re: mod_perl variables
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 17:20:17 GMT

 Thank you for the response.

 I am sure going to start using strict.

 But one thing, why doesn't my example of NOT using strict, my, our, or
local ever fail.

 Shouldn't it confuse the $html var with the value of the $html var in
the parent file.

 Any ideas on what kind of an example will demonstrate to me the
variable problem I'm having in a small test program. I'm trying to make
a program that will show the effects of not using strict and declaring
the $vars. I want to be able to get it to mess up, and then declare the
$vars and see it work differently.

 I am trying to do this because I do not understand how the $vars are
treated differently when not declared.

 Thanks a lot!
 Tony