perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: mod_perl2 and PHP
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 23:24:15 GMT

Dominique Quatravaux wrote:
> $r->subprocess_env() (undocumented but present in mod_perl
> 1.3
>
> $r->internal_redirect() (again undocumented but present in mod_perl
> 1.3

unless you mean strictly in terms of what you're doing with php, this is
certainly FUD - perldoc Apache lists both of these methods, as do at least
two mod_perl books.  you can also find them both documented on the mod_perl
website:

  http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/api/Apache.html

fwiw, between the perldoc, online docs, and books I'd be willing to bet that
mod_perl 1.0 has practically no undocumented official APIs.  2.0 might be
less complete as a standalone API, but ought to be very close if taken with
the 1.0 docs.  what's missing in 2.0-land are some of the more intricate
features that we're still discovering (like needing to remove the C-L header
when writing an output filter which, IIRC, _is_ in there :)

--Geoff