perl-modperl mailing list archives

From John ORourke <john-modp...@o-rourke.org>
Subject Apache2::Cookie odd return values
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 12:11:50 GMT
(apologies if you get this twice)
(mp 2.0.1, libapreq2-2.06-dev, httpd 2.0.51, Fedora Core 2)

Hi folks,

I've spent 2 days trying simply to read and write cookies!  Just before
I pack it in and become a paper boy, can anyone help?

If you haven't time to read below but have some working cookie
read/write freeze/thaw code or URLs I'd be grateful!

It seems I can bake cookies no problem, they're appearing in the browser:

$c_out_val=Apache2::Cookie->freeze($my_hash_ref);
Apache2::Cookie->new( blah blah )->bake();

But I just can't unfreeze them!  I've tried the following ways to get my
cookies:

$jar=Apache2::Cookie::Jar->new($r)
$jar=Apache2::Cookie->fetch($r)
(I also tried using APR::Request::Cookie but it seems to be for Apache
experts only, quite a confusing interface)

...but the cookie value is always "cookie_name=cookie_value", and with
some variations I was getting a second cookie, with a blank value and
the name was "cookie_name=cookie_value".

Anyway, even when I strip the "cookie_name=" off the cookie value,
Apache2::Cookie->thaw($value) just returns $value!

Any help gratefully accepted,

John O'Rourke