perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Gedanken <gedan...@io.com>
Subject Re: Trying to get File and Directory info off of external server quickly
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 21:28:52 GMT
On Mon, 1 Aug 2005, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

There is a running joke in my office that, no matter what the problem is,
I simply blame NFS before hearing any details.  I am correct a surprising
amount of the time =)

One quick caveat - properly unmount volumes when rebooting and such.  Due
to one of those things that somehow grew beyond its original intent, we
had a network of about 15 machines all mounting each other.  NFS
chokes when a mount it expects to be there, isnt.  it takes it several
minutes to give up.  One machine rebooting in such a big spiderweb cluster
can cause massive problems without proper attention to cleanly unmounting
and remounting shares.  And 'cascading' is usually such a lovely word...

gedanken

 You might try an NFS mount between the too.

 mount_nfs -L server:/path /local/path
 (FreeBSD)

--
gedanken