perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Perrin Harkins <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: Clearsilver Templates
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:48:49 GMT
On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 08:39 -0700, Praveen Ray wrote:
> I suspect its because we've written a large number of
> moderately complex macros

Could be.  You can probably test this fairly simply by globally removing
the macro calls and benchmarking.

> Or, is it the fact that TT uses string concatenation for
> every MACRO and BLOCK's output?

Not likely, although that may increase the memory used.

> I wish TT could write onto output stream as the output is
> generated instead of first building a giant string.

There have been patches on the list to flush output periodically, but I
don't think they remove all buffering.  The buffering is what makes
things like filters, wrappers, and exception handling possible.

However, TT is pretty hackable if you want to change that.

- Perrin