perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Perrin Harkins <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: is there a templating system that....
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2005 20:16:28 GMT
On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 16:07 -0400, Jonathan Vanasco wrote:
> This looks useful as well.  I think i might bench HTML::Template and
> Text::TagTemplate against one another for memory usage.

HTML::Template can store the parsed templates on disk outside of the
apache process.  Check the section on caching options.

> If/else and loops are already 'too much' -- I essentially just want
> variable substitution.

I wouldn't want to try to develop anything without the ability to do
includes, loops, and boolean IFs, but you can try.  SSI really is a
viable solution for this, and doesn't store anything in memory.

- Perrin