perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Perrin Harkins <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: is there a templating system that....
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2005 19:50:06 GMT
On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 14:30 -0400, Jonathan Vanasco wrote:
> can someone suggest to me a templating system that does not have a
> mini-language or is 'executed' - or if it is, it is with low overhead
> -- i don't want to compile more into the mod_perl process than
> necessary

You basically just described HTML::Template.  The language in it is
minimal (IF/ELSE, loops) and you can't really do useful templating with
less than this.

You could also look at just using SSI (or Apache::SSI).  Under mod_perl,
SSI allows you to grab the results of Perl subs from within the page.

- Perrin