perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: Apache::DBI and mod_perl 2.0.1
Date Sat, 02 Jul 2005 06:25:34 GMT
Vincent Moneymaker wrote:
> Philip, I think I've spotted another small Apache/DBI issue that I
> thought I would run by you.
>
> In the 'connect' function inside the DBI.pm module (as opposed to the
> Apache/DBI.pm) there are somes lines about 12 lines down from the start
> of the 'connect' function that reads as follows
>
> $connect_meth ||= $DBI::connect_via;    # fallback to default
> $dsn ||= $ENV{DBI_DSN} || $ENV{DBI_DBNAME} || '' unless $old_driver;
> if ($DBI::dbi_debug) {
> local $^W = 0;
> pop @_ if $connect_meth ne 'connect';
> my @args = @_; $args[2] = '****'; # hide password
> DBI->trace_msg("    -> $class->$connect_meth(".join(", ",@args).")\n");
> }
>
> This looks like the last value of the @arg array will be popped off
> where the $connect_meth value has been set to Apache::DBI::connect via
> the $DBI::connect_via variable.  It doesn't seem like a big deal but I
> could see how it would drive someone crazy if they turned on
> $DBI::dbi_debug and they weren't getting the messages back that they
> expected.  Let me know if I am wrong on this and what I should do if I
> am right.

You are correct in what it does; however, its not an issue as far as I
can see.  The reason being is that the last arg of connect is the
\%attrs hash ref.  Its replacing the password with *'s and then showing
all SCALAR (aka simple to the lazy programer) parameters :)

dbi-users (at) perl (dot) org
[No worries I read this list too :)]

would be able more sutied to answer DBI specific questions.  I'm
assuming you pointed this out b/c you didn't get the message you
expected. Examples ?

HTH
END
                 Nothing is impossible.