perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Malcolm J Harwood <mjhlist-modp...@liminalflux.net>
Subject Re: vhosts and mod_perl
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 12:30:08 GMT
On Tuesday 12 July 2005 06:23 am, Erik Scholtz wrote:

> I have two vhosts, each running with a different project. Both projects
> are using a "config.pm", located directly in the cgi-bin directory.
>
> Now it happens, that the project1 uses the config.pm of project2 and
> vice versa.
>
> I have no idea, why this happens. Anyone of you a hint for me?

Sure. The problem is that modperl is persistant by design.
So what you get is:
	server child 1 responds to project1 request, loads config.pm from project1.
	server child 2 responds to project2 request, loads config.pm from project2.
	server child 1 responds to project2 request, already has config.pm from
project1 loaded, uses that. ("use config" isn't
	server child 2 responds to project1 request, already has config.pm from
project2 loaded, uses that.

You need to namespace the configs, (eg. Project1::Config) and make sure that
what they export doesn't overlap.

--
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three
elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.