perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "ODELL, TODD E \(SWBT\)" <to2...@sbc.com>
Subject RE: ModPerl 2.0.0 RC5: Not starting httpd in make test
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 13:59:22 GMT
Geoff,
If I run the normal apachectl start as nobody I'm able to start the
httpd.

When I run the exact command below it seems to fail. It shows this:
[Tue Jun 14 08:45:50 2005] [info] 6 Apache2:: modules loaded
[Tue Jun 14 08:45:50 2005] [info] 0 APR:: modules loaded
[Tue Jun 14 08:45:50 2005] [info] base server + 27 vhosts ready to run
tests

Which takes only about 12-13 seconds. During this time I do see, via ps
-ef:
nobody 40882 46390 120 08:45:47  pts/5  0:08 /apacheDev/bin/httpd -d
/usr/local/source/mod_perl-2.0.0/t -f
/usr/local/source/mod_perl-2.0.0/t/conf/httpd.conf -D APACHE2 -D
PERL_USEITHREADS

The error_log looks identical as with simply doing make test. Both show
what I included below.

I used APACHE_TEST_STARTUP_TIMEOUT=420 when running make test, however
the actual httpd process seems to finish long before the timeout is
reached.

I noticed that it will start with 136 bytes entropy ( error_log,
LogLevel debug ) when I start it with apachectl but the make test method
starts it with 0 entropy. ? I tried  PERL_HASH_SEED=0 make test but it
still seems the same. This was per message:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/modperl/modperl/60527

Thanks,
Todd