perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Brian Huxtable <huxta...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: trying to build a statically-linked apache2/mod_perl2
Date Sat, 25 Jun 2005 14:00:11 GMT
Danny Thomas wrote:

>I'm not sure whether it is a real bug, not properly documented or whether
>I'm just being particularly thick, but I can't seem to build a statically-
>linked apache2/mod_perl2

Danny,

FWIW, I used the following options to build static mod_perl/Apache2 on
CentOS 4 (httpd 2.0.54/mp 2.0.0):

 > perl Makefile.PL MP_USE_STATIC=1 MP_COMPAT_1X=1 MP_GENERATE_XS=1 \
  MP_AP_PREFIX=/usr1/products/apache2/httpd-2.0.54 \
  MP_AP_CONFIGURE="--prefix=/opt/apache2 --with-mpm=prefork \
  --enable-ssl --enable-unique-id"
 > make
 > make test
 > make test (yes, twice)
 > make install

It builds and installs fine.  Then I add /opt/apache2/bin to my path to
install libapreq (I think it needs apxs):

 > perl -MCPAN -e shell
 > install Apache2::Request

The CPAN install warns about a few of the later tests but I haven't
noticed any problems with the few functions I use.

Brian