perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Perrin Harkins <per...@elem.com>
Subject RE: Getting lots of redefined statements in the error_log
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 03:58:07 GMT
On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 16:45 -0600, Aaron Scott wrote:
> I can duplicate it with the following simple example:
>
> -- mod_perl.conf
>
> PerlRequire conf/startup.pl
>
> <Location /loc >
>   SetHandler perl-script
>   PerlResponseHandler MyHandler
> </Location>
>

> -- startup.pl
>
> use SomeDir::MyPackage;
>

> -- /path/to/SomeDir/MyPackage.pm
>
> package SomePackage;
>
> sub foo { return 1; }
>
> 1;
>

> -- /path/to/MyHandler.pm
>
> require AnotherPackage;
>

> -- /path/to/SomeDir/AnotherPackage.pm
>
> package AnotherPackage;
>
> use SomePackage;
>
> 1;
>
> ---
>
> The end result is that %INC has entries:
>
>    SomeDir/MyPackage.pm => /path/to/SomeDir/MyPackage.pm,
>    MyPackage.pm => /path/to/SomeDir/MyPackage.pm
>
> and my log file has
>
>     Subroutine foo redefined at /path/to/SomeDir/SomePackage.pm line 3

This example is kind of broken, but I'm guessing you meant to say "use
MyPackage" rather than "use SomePackage"?  And maybe "package
SomePackage;" was supposed to say "package SomeDir::MyPackage"?

The only way I can imagine this happening is if you put '.' in your @INC
in addition to '/path/to' and are this calling the same file by two
different names.  Of course that will redefine your subs.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but this doesn't look like a mod_perl
issue to me.

- Perrin