perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. McGrail" <kmcgr...@pccc.com>
Subject Apache::AuthDBI mp1 with SHA1 and MD5
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 14:58:55 GMT
I have finished patches against  Apache AuthDBI version 0.94 that definitely work with mod_perl1
to implement sha1 & md5 encryption in addition to crypt.

I have placed a patch, the original 0.94 and the patched 0.94KAM up for download at http://www.thoughtworthy.com/downloads/.

It uses a fall-back methodology for mixed-encryption environments such as an upgrade where
new users will use SHA1 and old users might use MD5 or crypt.

It provides a framework where new encryption methods should be installable in a matter of
minutes by editing one subroutine and adding a subroutine for the encryption method.  As a
point in case, after implementing SHA1, I then installed MD5 in under 5 minutes.

I tried to handle the coding in a style close to the existing and also updated the documentation.
 There was also an obscure bug where I believe the salt was not set correctly for people using
the alternate userid salt and caching.

Feedback appreciated especially on where to submit patches for inclusion into the main release.

regards,
KAM