perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jeff Ambrosino <jbambros...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Activating/decativating PerlOutputFilterHandler "on-the-fly"
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 22:39:37 GMT
>From within an existing Perl handler/filter, you can dynamically
insert ('register') a new filter with the add_output_filter method on
the request object:

$r->add_output_filter(\&callback);

And, you can remove a downstream filter (from within an upstream filter) with:

$next_f = $f->next;
$next_f->remove;

...or even any subsequent invocations of the current filter (i.e., for
the current request) with:

$f->remove;

n.b. I'm not sure if it is possible to remove a downstream filter from
within a handler, since it appears you need the $f (filter) object to
do a remove... (can one reference the filter object from the request
object?)

For more explanation that will probably put you on the right track, see:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache/Filter.html

cheers
Jeff