perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jeff Ambrosino <>
Subject Re: Activating/decativating PerlOutputFilterHandler "on-the-fly"
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 22:39:37 GMT
>From within an existing Perl handler/filter, you can dynamically
insert ('register') a new filter with the add_output_filter method on
the request object:

And, you can remove a downstream filter (from within an upstream filter) with:

$next_f = $f->next;

...or even any subsequent invocations of the current filter (i.e., for
the current request) with:

n.b. I'm not sure if it is possible to remove a downstream filter from
within a handler, since it appears you need the $f (filter) object to
do a remove... (can one reference the filter object from the request

For more explanation that will probably put you on the right track, see:

On 5/2/05, Srebrenko Sehic <> wrote:
> Hi ppl,
> I have a couple of PerlOutputFilterHandler directives registered in my
> httpd.conf <VirtualHost> conigurations.
> Is there any way to activate/deactivate these filters without editing
> httpd.conf and restarting Apache?
> I'm running Apache 2.0.54 with mod_perl2_RC5.
> TIA,
> // haver

View raw message