perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Grant <emailgr...@gmail.com>
Subject mod_perl causing seg faults in apache2?
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 18:29:08 GMT
Hello, I've been suffering from intermittent segmentation faults in my
apache2 error_log for quite a while now.  It seems to be worst during
peak traffic hours.  Here's what they look like:

[notice] child pid 13189 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

I'm getting maybe 100 of these per day.  If the user agent is
Firefox/Linux it will just stop loading the next page.  If it's IE it
will display a 404-like browser page.

My consultant thinks it's a mod_perl problem.  I'm running Gentoo
Linux along with apache-2.0.54 and mod_perl-1.99.17.  All of my
software is 100% up-to-date as per the Gentoo portage tree.  These
errors have been consistent across 3 different servers.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

- Grant