perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>
Subject Re: [mp2] segfaulting apache in ap_pcw_walk_files_config
Date Thu, 26 May 2005 09:23:39 GMT
Flavio Curti wrote:
> Hi Philippe
>
> On 5/25/05, Philippe M. Chiasson <gozer@ectoplasm.org> wrote:
>
>>Hrm, so far, I've looked at the configuration files you've sent me and they
>>look kosher. I was thinking something bogus inherited from your debian's
>>configuration...Guess not.
>>
>>One more gdb peek for me please to try and pin this problem down some more.
>>(gdb) print *s
>>(gdb) print *pconf
>
> Gives:
> (gdb) print *s
> $1 = {process = 0x80c0120, next = 0x934b6b8, defn_name = 0x0,
>   defn_line_number = 0, server_admin = 0x81f1238 "webmaster@schalch-it.ch",
>   server_hostname = 0x81f1120 "localhost", port = 8529,
>   error_fname = 0x81f11c8 "/usr/local/src/modperl-2.0/t/logs/error_log",
>   error_log = 0x80f8208, loglevel = 7, is_virtual = 0,
>   module_config = 0x80fc240, lookup_defaults = 0x80fd590, addrs = 0x80fc1d8,
>   timeout = 300000000, keep_alive_timeout = 15000000, keep_alive_max = 100,
>   keep_alive = 1, path = 0x0, pathlen = 0, names = 0x0, wild_names = 0x0,
>   limit_req_line = 8190, limit_req_fieldsize = 8190, limit_req_fields = 100}
> (gdb) print *pconf

Oupss, my bad, that should have been
(gdb) print *s
(gdb) print *dconf

> $2 = <incomplete type>
>
>>the server_rec should at least show which vhost in your config creates this
>>bogus state...
>
> This looks like the main server (localhost:8529). I also tried it with
> my default httpd.conf with all vhosts removed and it segfaults too,
> and the gdb output looks the same...

Yeah, I was wondering about this and hoping it would point to a simple 3 line
vhost. Guess not.

>>So, how can sec_file ever be NULL ? From looking at this dconf dump, it's clear

> I don't know. One thing I remember now seeing during one of the first
> mod_perl build was a warning that apxs -q PREFIX doesn't return a
> valid value. I fixed it then by setting it to / in the apxs script.
> Maybe I managed to screw up apaches build, setting prefix to NULL?
>
> And indeed I found that the custom layout for apache has prefix set to
> NULL there. So I have rebuilded everything (apache, mod_perl) with
> prefix set to / in the layout and the warnings are gone now.
> Unfortunately this didn't help at all for the segfaulting :(

Okay, so you've got a slightly strange build situation ;-)

Can you send me the _exact_ commands you use to configure apache and mod_perl ?

./configure [...]
perl Makefile.PL [...]