perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: old mod_perl (RC3) in FreeBSD 4.11
Date Mon, 09 May 2005 13:30:03 GMT
Foo Ji-Haw wrote:

> As of today 1900 SGT, I did a ports cvsup on my FreeBSD to install a
> nice fresh setup of apache2+modperl2. Interestingly the ports
> collection shows RC3 still.
>
> I guess until the maintainer (lars.eggert@gmx.net
> <mailto:lars.eggert@gmx.net?cc=ports@FreeBSD.org&subject=FreeBSD%20Port:%20mod_perl2-2.0.0r3,1>)

> updates the port, we will have to make do with RC3? If so, will there
> be a conflict with libapreq2 2.04RC3?
>
> I was hoping to use Apache::DBI, but when I tried to install from the
> ports, it tries to install mp1. There aren't any p5-Apache2-DBI, so
> how are we able to install the Apache2::DBI (I'm assuming there is?)?

Its kind of iffy at the moment.  You are correct the ports are laggy
here specifically because of the mp2-RC5+ api change.
The update was rolled back because all of the associated ports like
Apache::DBI for instance had not been updated yet making mp2RC5
kind of pointless.

You can always install from source.  It should be seemless.

cd /usr/ports/lang/perl5.8
make install distclean

cd /usr/ports/www/apache2

dowload mp2
and build

Apache DBI you can download by searching the archives of this list. I've
posted one before.  I believe Ask is in the proccess
of updating it per earlier e-mails.

--
END
Philip M. Gollucci