perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [MP2] : REDIRECT_ERROR_NOTES not set on errordocument redirect
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 06:56:50 GMT
Mark wrote:
> -------------8<---------- Start Bug Report ------------8<----------
> 1. Problem Description:
>
> $ENV{REDIRECT_ERROR_NOTES} not working with MP2
>
> Using latest everything (modperl 2 RC5).
>

> To illustrate, I simply configure Apache with an errordocument:
>
>    ErrorDocument 500 /cgi/printenv
>
> I have a perl-scripts configured like this:
>
>   <Directory "/usr/local/apache2/perl">
>     Options ExecCGI
>     SetHandler perl-script
>     PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
>     PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
>   </Directory>
>
> And a script the generates an error:
>
>   #/usr/bin/perl
>   barf();
>

> The errordocument 'printenv' output shows REDIRECT_ERROR_NOTES empty.
>
> When the identical barf script is run under CGI (script-alias),
> REDIRECT_ERROR_NOTES
> has an error message.
>

> I fooled around with more complex examples, accessing ARP table
> 'error-notes' and
> that is also empty.

because you are in the sub request. the value is set in $r->main
'error-notes' table. I wonder why the sub-request doesn't see it.

Also I wonder if we should adjust in ModPerl::RegistryCooker:

  sub log_error {
      my($self, $msg) = @_;
      my $class = ref $self;

-    $self->{REQ}->log_error($msg);
-    $self->{REQ}->notes->set('error-notes' => $msg);
+    $self->{REQ}->log_rerror($msg);
      $@{$self->{URI}} = $msg;
  }

which is supposed to do that same in one call. Any difference with the
above change?

> *** The httpd binary was not found

what Apache is that?