perl-modperl mailing list archives

From tom.kirkpatr...@virusbtn.com
Subject caching problem?
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:40:58 GMT
In trying to develop a simple perl script, I have run into some kind of
caching problem which is making development an absolute nightmare.

The problem arises when I am using a subroutine. Whilst developing the
subroutine, I (obviously) make errors in the code! I try the script out in
the browser and get an error message, as you would expect. So then I
revert the code back to what it was when it was working... try it in the
browser again just to check, and I get an error message once again...
strange, I just reverted the code back to what it was when I knew it was
working.!

Sometimes, if I click refresh several times, it may suddenly decide to
start working again. I can force it to work properly again by renaming the
subroutine! Another way I can force it to start working again is to
restart apache!

When the code is in such a state that I know for a fact it should be
working, and the browser gives me an error... I can run the script
successfully from the command line!!!

anyone ever had this (or a similar) problem????!!

--
Tom David Kirkpatrick
Virus Bulletin Web Developer, Virus Bulletin

Tel: +44 1235 555139
Web: www.virusbtn.com