perl-modperl mailing list archives

From angie ahl <angie....@gmail.com>
Subject ModPerl2, Apache2, FreeBSD, ports and missing ModPerl::Registry
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:08:22 GMT
Hi Folks.

I've just got a new server running DirectAdmin on FreeBSD 5.3. I'm
brand new to FreeBSD apart from its similarity to OS X, which I use
all the time.

I upgraded to Perl 5.8.5 using a package:

pkg_add -r perl5.8

Then I upgraded to Apache2 and ModPerl1.99 as per the instructions successfully.

http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=441

running under cgi mode everything is fine, no problems loading server etc.

when I try and run in proper mod_perl mode the problems start. ie
using the ModPerl::Registry as a handler.

As per the MP2 getting started guide I've added the following to a
sites httpd.conf file:

 Alias /perl/ /home/angie/domains/domain.dom/public_html/perl/
  <Location /perl/>
      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
      PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
      Options +ExecCGI
  </Location>

I Restarted directadmin & apache and loaded hello world script under /perl/.

I get an ISE and the errorlog says

ModPerl::Registry': Can't locate ModPerl/Registry.pm in @INC

so it is calling ModPerl::Registry but can't find it in @INC, but to
make things stranger, I have a cgi script called perldigger that gives
you a system overview and it says ModPerl::Registry is there, as does
the list of installed perl modules under the users admin in
directadmin.

Huh?

It's definately running Apache2:

Apache/2.0.52 (Unix) mod_perl/1.99_17-dev Perl/v5.8.5 PHP/4.3.11
mod_ssl/2.0.52 OpenSSL/0.9.7d

and hello world Runs fine under cgi mode.

Anyone seen this one before?... so close, so easily, rats.

TIA

Angie