perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Foo Ji-Haw <jh...@nexlabs.com>
Subject compiling perl on freebsd to support ithreads
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 02:21:59 GMT
Hello guys,

I know this is not exactly the best fit for this mailing list, but I am
trying to use FreeBSD (4.11 + 5.3) for mp2 work. Hope that qualifies it!

The problem is that the perl that comes with FBSD is not compiled with
ithreads. I read that to run different modperl apps on virtual sites
without conflicting on namespace, I need to set PerlOptions +Parent. But
this only works for Perl with ithreads.

I am not exactly a FreeBSD guru, and I really like to stick to Ports if
possible. Can someone advise me on any params I can add to make && make
install to enable ithreads?

Thanks guys.