perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: [Semi-OT] mod_rewrite and $r->parsed_uri
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 19:53:05 GMT

>>I don't think anyone is supposed to (or traditionally does) mess with
>>$r->parsed_uri.  it's usually $r->uri and $r->filename.
>

> Well, in the mod_perl Cookbook you (or one of your co-authors) mess with
> $r->parsed_uri (eg Recipe 5.3 'Altering the Request URI' page 160ff)

yes... but that example doesn't actually alter r->parsed_uri (in the C
request_rec).  it just instantiates a new object based on r->parsed_uri and
locally modifies it for use in a redirection.

by "mess" I meant setting that slot in the C request rec, which I'm not even
sure can be done in mp1, but who knows.  it's been 3.5 years since that was
written ;)

> I used it for years and it worked very well. But (at least in this case)
> $r->uri works better (because it works!)

always best to use what works best :)

>>if that doesn't work we can try another thought pattern :)
>

> It did work, so there's no excuse for getting a new video card :-)

a friend regularly tells me I need something other than my current 1999
monitor, so maybe that first :)

--Geoff