perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Martin Moss <martin_m...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: Authentication problem
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 11:49:12 GMT
Hi,

what's your MaxClients setting in your apache conf?

It could just be that you aren't running enough apache
child processes to serve the number of connections
being made,

Regards

Marty

--- "Levi E. Stanley" <levi.e.stanley@eneservices.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Been seeing problems with an Authenticate script
> lately.  It was working
> fine up to the time I started getting slammed with
> traffic.  I don't see
> any connection problems in the log file at all.  But
> what I have noticed
> on the site is, I will click to go to download a
> file from the secure
> area, and it won't prompt me for a username and
> password until minutes
> later, like it is being delayed or something.  Is
> this normal behavior
> from high traffic?
>
> More Info:
>
> The server isn't even being over worked, it has 4
> cpus and on high
> traffic hours, it is around 2 on cpu load.  So it
> can only be two
> possibilities, the script or apache configuration.
> The apache version I
> am using http-2.0.53, and mod_perl-2.0.0-RC4.
>
> Here is the code:
>
> package My::Authenticate;
>
> use strict;
> use ModPerl::Util ();
> use Apache::Const qw(OK DECLINED AUTH_REQUIRED);
> use Apache::Log;
> use DBI;
>
> sub handler{
>         my $r = shift;
>         my $s = Apache->server;
>
>         return Apache::DECLINED unless
> $r->is_initial_req;
>
>         my ($status,$password) =
> $r->get_basic_auth_pw;
>         my $username = $r->user;
>
>         return $status unless $status == Apache::OK;
>
>         my $hostname = $r->hostname;
>         my $table_access = $2."_access";
>         my $dbh =

DBI->connect('DBI:mysql:database=site_authentication;host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx','xxx','xxx');