perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Perrin Harkins <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: caching problem?
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:53:21 GMT
On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 17:40 +0100, tom.kirkpatrick@virusbtn.com wrote:
> Sometimes, if I click refresh several times, it may suddenly decide to
> start working again. I can force it to work properly again by renaming the
> subroutine! Another way I can force it to start working again is to
> restart apache!

Modules don't get reloaded automatically unless you use something like
Apache::Reload.  Apache::Registry scripts do get reloaded.  You haven't
told us anything about how you are developing (Registry?  Perl handlers?
Mason?) or even which version of mod_perl you have, so it's hard to give
you specific advice.  There is a lot of documentation on transitioning
from CGI programming to mod_perl in the on-line docs:
http://perl.apache.org/

- Perrin