perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Gisle Aas <gi...@ActiveState.com>
Subject Re: Fix perl/ithreads random failures
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 14:35:33 GMT
Steve Hay <steve.hay@uk.radan.com> writes:

> Gisle Aas wrote:
>
> >I had to do tests with an older version of mod_perl_1.99 that still
> >had the perl/ithreads* tests.  I see that these tests was removed from
> >the distribution in [1], but I think that if you apply the attached
> >patch you can start distribution these tests again.
> >
> >[1] http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/modperl-2.0/lib/ModPerl/Manifest.pm?r1=1.9&r2=1.10
> >
> mp2 is now in svn, not cvs.

Isn't CVS in sync as well?

I read <http://perl.apache.org/contribute/> and it only mentioned CVS
and had a pointer to the CVS web interface.

>  Check-out the latest svn revision as described at:
>
> http://perl.apache.org/download/source.html#Development_mod_perl_2_0_Source_Distribution

This one also has pointers to the CVS snapshots and the CVS web
interface so I assume that it is kept in sync.

> and you can try that rather than having to go back to an older version.

The patch was reletive to an older version by from glancing at the CVS
head it looked that it would apply there as well.

> The test file, of course, is in the dev source, but is currently marked
> as under construction:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/trunk/t/perl/ithreads.t
>
> Anyway, I tried your patch (with the ithreads test re-instated) and
> sadly it didn't fix it for me :(  The complete diff of changes that I
> made to my svn checkout (revision 111269) are at the end of this mail.
>
> The following test sequence still fails every time for me:
>
> perl t/TEST -verbose t/modules/reload.t t/perl/api.t t/perl/ithreads.t
>
> on WinXP with Apache 2.0.50 and Perl 5.8.5.

So what is the output when this fails?

I tested on HP-UX/IA-64 and the fix cured the problem there.  The fix
is also obviously correct as both the parent and the child thread
needs to lock for it to take effect.

Regards,
Gisle