perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Sam Tregar <...@tregar.com>
Subject Re: Segfault with Apache::Request->param method
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2004 01:06:34 GMT
On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Chris Brown wrote:

> Right now I'm running Apache 1.3.31 with mod_perl 1.29. Perl is 5.8.3 on
> Fedora FC1

Well, I don't know anything about your specific problem but judging by
the lack of responses neither does anyone else.  So here's what I'd
do:

  - Download the latest Perl, 5.8.6.

  - Compile it without thread support.  Thread support is still pretty
    rough and it slows down your Perl anyway.

  - Re-compile Apache/mod_perl.  Make sure you've got mod_perl
    compiled in static, not loaded as a DSO.  DSO and mod_perl are
    famous for seg-faulting.

  - Recompile Apache::Registry and any other non pure-Perl modules you
    might be using.

  - Say your prayers and give it a try!

-sam