perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Perrin Harkins <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: pnotes
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 15:07:39 GMT
Arshavir Grigorian wrote:
> I have module called Application which handles all the requests to the
> site (except for images, etc) and then dispatches the request to a
> different module based on the $r->path_info().

Apache::Dispatch could do this for you if you like.  You could also just
use httpd.conf to map locations to modules.  Your approach wil work fine
though.

> I am thinking about creating a Template Toolkit object and a DBI handle
> in Application::handler() and storing it in the request object's
> pnotes() before dispatching the request.

Make sure you keep the template object around between requests in a
global.  If you make a new TT object every time, you will break the
caching of compiled templates and performance will be poor.

- Perrin