perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Michael J Schout <msch...@gkg.net>
Subject Re: Apache::AuthCookie and HTML::Mason
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2004 06:02:24 GMT
On Sat, 11 Dec 2004, Steve Smith wrote:

> So from the preamble to the newbie question!  :
>
> How do I go about getting more information back to my login form from
> Apache using mod_perl in my custom AuthCookieHandler as to what the
> "bad_cookie" message actually means without trying to decipher much of
> the magic in Apache::AuthCookie?

bad_cookie means that authen_ses_key($r, $cookie) did not return a
username.

Because authen_ses_key() is implemented by your AuthCookie subclass, and
not AuthCookie iteslf, AuthCookie can not tell you anything about *why*
authen_ses_key() failed.  So you'll have to figure out why your subclass
failed to return the username.

Regards,
Michael Schout