perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Richard N. Fogle" <r...@neosaint.org>
Subject Re: DBI persistence problem
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 01:26:17 GMT
Malcom and Perrin,

Thank you for your quick replies!

1.  We disabled Apache::DBI - the server can generate thousands of
queries per second and this feature literally made the CPU catch fire.
2.  Understood about placing the connect strings in startup.PL.  That's
why we wrote the list first :)
3.  We have a disconnect at the end of each perl CGI.  Not sure if it is
being reached, see no plausible reason why it shouldn't - the code isn't
that complex.
4.  This is what we have in httpd.conf:
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler Apache::Registry
PerlSendHeader On
Options +ExecCGI
5.  We easily reach 1024 webserver processes, apache 1.3.
6.  We have not verified anything with tracing.

Does this answer all the questions?