perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Dan Brian <...@brians.org>
Subject Re: New to ModPerl 2
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 00:04:10 GMT
> Note, though, that libapreq2 will require some changes in your code,
> but probably less than not using libapreq. Be sure to read the
> documentation, especially the notes about converting from v1, for
> Apache::Request and Apache::Cookie at:

I'll add to your list (of potential confusion) that $r->args may not
produce the expected results, and not just because of the change away
from array context described at:

<http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/porting/
compat.html#C__r_E_gt_args__in_an_Array_Context>

Although Apache::Request inherits methods from Apache::RequestRec,
args() is one place where there is function overlap:
Apache::Request->args() returns an Apache::Request::Table object, while
Apache::RequestRec->args() returns the unparsed query string.