perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Brian Reichert <reich...@numachi.com>
Subject Re: user login ( authentication )
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 17:49:12 GMT
On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 09:40:16AM -0800, greger@gh-webinteractive.com wrote:
> hello
> could some kind soul please advice as how to implement rock solid
> authentication with modperl....
> I have a db app running mod_perl/perl/apache/mysql and need user
> authentication, should I use the database's authentication or should I
> write my own ?which is better?

I've used Apache::Authticket for managing authentication.

You don't use the database's authentication, per se; the proscribed
mechanism is to create a separate MySQL table for uid/password for
web-based authentication.

> ...any advice(help) much appreciated

Any luck googling?  This has been done so many times...

--
Brian Reichert				<reichert@numachi.com>
37 Crystal Ave. #303			Daytime number: (603) 434-6842