perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Cory Omand <Cory.Om...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [mp2] test server cannot start as non-root user with worker mpm
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 01:33:22 GMT
On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 16:19, Stas Bekman wrote:
> Does your global httpd.conf has an AcceptMutex entry which specifies a
> location which is only root accessible? So A-T should probably detect that
> and rewrite the path to something local (e.g. t/logs/acceptmutex)?

The global httpd.conf file, which is the default file distributed with
apache 2.0.52, does not have an AcceptMutex or LockFile entry.  By
default 'LockFile' points to 'logs/accept.lock' (per the apache 2.0
docs).  My fix to get the mp2 tests to start was to patch the
@THREAD_MODULE@ section of 'Apache-Test/lib/Apache/TestConfig.pm' to set
'AcceptMutex pthread'.  That's not going to be a good solution, as there
is no guarantee that everyone else has pthread mutexes.  I'm also not
familiar enough with A-T to know if there's a global variable that
points to the local logging directory (e.g. where mp2 writes the
error_log).  Assuming that this variable is available as @APACHE_LOGS@,
it would be possible to set 'LockFile @APACHE_LOGS@/accept.lock' in the
@THREAD_MODULE@ section...

Regards,