perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Perrin Harkins <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: Help!! Mod_perl performance
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 16:49:22 GMT
On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 09:05, Jamsheed wrote:
> When I browse through the  pages I dont find any  significant difference
> in speed. I checked the environment variable and made sure that mod_perl
> is running.

Usually the speed difference is so large that you can see it clearly
just by hitting reload a few times.  Check $ENV{MOD_PERL} to see if it
is true under one and false under the other.  Some possible reasons why
you wouldn't see a difference:

- Your script does something very slow that can't be sped up by
mod_perl, like running an external command or doing a large I/O
operation.

- Your server is already heavily loaded or out of memory and swapping.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

- Perrin