perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Using Apache Directives
Date Sat, 04 Sep 2004 17:58:21 GMT
M.v.Buytene wrote:
> I am trying (as a starting test) to replace some apache directives by
> mod_perl's syntax, so i can hopefully easily yank in specific perl
> functions.
>
> Running apache 2.0.50
> Mod_perl 1.99

That's not enough information, Martijn. When reporting problems make sure
to file a proper problem report: http://perl.apache.org/bugs/

>          Limit          => {
>                 METHODS => 'GET POST',
>                 require => 'valid-user',
>                 Order => 'allow,deny',
>                 Allow => 'from all',
>                      },
>        },
> };

> When used with mod_perl i can enter the directory without
> authentication, and the same goes for webdav, no authentiction needed.
> Tho the vhost i created works like a charm.
>
> What am i doing wrong?

Not sure why it doesn't work. Philippe? Tests?

but if you read:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/en/mod/core.html#limit
it says:

   Access controls are normally effective for all access methods,
   and this is the usual desired behavior. In the general case,
   access control directives should not be placed within a <Limit> section.

so try to drop the Limit block, till Philippe shows up.