perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Dan Horne" <dan.ho...@redbone.co.nz>
Subject RE: Proxying access to restricted information
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2004 03:24:43 GMT
Thanks for everyone's responses. I managed to get this working in principle
by:

1) using mod_proxy and mod_rewite to create the proxy through to the server.
2) PerlAuth* handlers to determine user access

Thanks

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Horne [mailto:dan.horne@redbone.co.nz]
Sent: Friday, 13 August 2004 6:27 a.m.
To: 'Stas Bekman'
Cc: modperl@perl.apache.org
Subject: RE: Proxying access to restricted information

Thanks for your suggestion.

I know nothing about mod_perl 2, and will look at the documentation today. I
do have a couple of questions:

1. Is Apache 2 and mod_perl 2 stable? It may be a silly question, as they've
been around for a while, but we've been an Apache v1 shop, and I've never
used mod_perl v2 at all. Heck, I've only played with mp v1 in my own time 2.
Because I have to justify my investigative time to the boss, I need to know
that what I want to do is possible, namely: providing a reverse proxy to an
existing website, where the proxy will programmatically allow users through
depending on their access rights. It's due to this authentication
requirement that I can't use mod_rewrite by itself

Dan