perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Charles A. Monteiro" <char...@datasof.com>
Subject Re: Newcomer: error upon loading mod_perl , undefined symbol: Perl_Ipatchlevel_ptr
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2004 13:10:47 GMT
Actually we do:

file:/home/oracle/OraHome1/Apache/Apache/libexec/libperl.so
file:/root/downloads/perl-5.8.4/libperl.so
file:/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/CORE/libperl.so
file:/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.4/i686-linux/CORE/libperl.so

so does:

file:/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/CORE/libperl.so

count as being under /usr/lib/ i.e. is the issue with being directly under
or along its path?

Am I to maintain only one location for libperl.so? I believe that my admin
will feel uncomfortable messing with the Oracle install.

By your advise of "move it away" , should I simply delete:
file:/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/CORE/libperl.so and for
that matter the entire 5.8.0 distribution since I assume that we should be
using 5.8.4?

thank you for your help,

-Charles