perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Chris Reinhardt <ch...@dyndns.org>
Subject Re: [mp2] segfault when using IO::Socket::INET from within mod_perl1.9915
Date Sun, 18 Jul 2004 00:23:05 GMT

On Jul 17, 2004, at 11:20 AM, Adam Worrall wrote:

>   my $sock = IO::Socket::INET->new ({'Proto' => 'tcp',
>                                      'PeerAddr' => 'localhost',
>                                      'PeerPort' => 80});

I may be mistaken but I'm fairly sure that IO::Socket::INET takes a
list of arguments, not a hashref.

The code in IO::Socket::INET seems to reflect that:

     sub new {
         my $class = shift;
         unshift(@_, "PeerAddr") if @_ == 1;
         return $class->SUPER::new(@_);
     }

While setting PeerAddr to a reference shouldn't cause a segfault (and
doesn't for me), it still might be something to keep in mind.

--
Chris Reinhardt -- chris@dyndns.org -- http://www.dyndns.org/
All sorts of computer errors are now turning up. You'd be surprised