perl-modperl mailing list archives

From David Arnold <darn...@northcoast.com>
Subject Re: Need a little help with this one
Date Sun, 11 Jul 2004 04:14:28 GMT
Fred et al,

The FDFToolkit and reference is available at:

http://partners.adobe.com/asn/acrobat/forms.jsp

The documentation is sparse, to say the least, but:

NextFieldName Gets the next field name.

The difficulty, I believe, occurs before the program gets to NextFiledName,
as if I make this adjustment:

$inFDF=new Acrobat::FDF('-',$ENV{'CONTENT_LENGTH'}) or die("Can't bless
inFDF\n");

Now I get this:

[root@scinux apache]#tail logs/error_log
[Sat Jul 10 21:07:01 2004] [error] Can't bless inFDF\n

Now, the reference has the following for establishing a reference to an FDF
object:

Functions Unavailable in the Perl FDF Toolkit:

	FDFCreate — use new instead. For example,
		$inFdf = new Acrobat::FDF;

	FDFOpen — use new instead. For example,
		$inFDF = new Acrobat::FDF(‘in.fdf’);

	or

	$inFdf=new Acrobat::FDF(‘-’, $ENV{‘CONTENT_LENGTH’});

The '-', according to the reference, is a way of reading from STDIN.