perl-modperl mailing list archives

From MARTIN MOSS <martin_m...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Method Handler not working
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 15:26:56 GMT
All,

I have a quirky issue concerning a redhat machine and Apache 1.
I have a method handler

sub handler ($$)
{
  my $class=shift;
  my $r = shift;
}

Which when running on a redhat linux machine dies with the error message "Attempt to bless
into a reference"  and when analysing the incoming variuables, $class is really $r. So apache
seems to be ignoring the method handler directive.

This error doesn't occur on machines running the same code (mirrored in the same way as the
redhat box), it works perfectly fine.

Has anybody seen this type of error before, is it the symptom of some other issue that I've
missed somehow?

Regards

Marty