perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Dave Rolsky <auta...@urth.org>
Subject Re: Fw: Re: mod_perl presence at OSCON (and other CONs) is at danger
Date Sun, 13 Jun 2004 07:42:57 GMT
On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 modperl@att.net wrote:

> My 2 cents is that mod_perl lacks an "established" application server/tookits
> so for a serious web application, programmers have to rely mostly on the original
> API to get the full benifit. While there sevearl great application tools like
> mason, ePerl, TT etc., yet, none of them is as "established" as php at the moment
> (in the sense: easy to write, support, coder community, code samples etc.)

Uh, both Mason and TT have large active communities, lots of docs, books
about them, code samples.  ePerl is basically dead and all references to
it should be abolished, since it only serves to confuse people.  Perrin,
maybe you could update your templating comparison article to remove things
which have gone stale in the intervening years (ePerl & Apache::XPP, I
think).

-dave

House Absolute Consulting
www.houseabsolute.com