perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Maxipoint Rep Office" <maxipo...@st.htnet.hr>
Subject RE: reverse IP lookup for check all doimains on the server
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 10:36:35 GMT

but how http://whois.webhosting.info has some script for that??

I wish see all domains pointed to ANY IP like by
http://whois.webhosting.info/anyIPnumber

try any server IP like: http://whois.webhosting.info/207.44.194.79

http://whois.webhosting.info/64.5.48.155

-GP

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Sergeant [mailto:matt@sergeant.org]
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 9:01 AM
To: Maxipoint Rep Office
Cc: Brian Reichert; modperl@perl.apache.org
Subject: Re: reverse IP lookup for check all doimains on the server

On 11 Jun 2004, at 23:49, Maxipoint Rep Office wrote:

> RE: yes I wish reverse lookup from IPs on any server at the web!
>
> any help?
>
> :-)

Sure. What you want to do isn't possible.

DNS maps host names to IPs, not generally the other way around. You can
lookup $reverse_ip.in-addr.arpa, and hope to get a hostname, but it
won't be all hostnames on the IP address - it'll just be one hostname,
and possibly not even one that will get you a web site.

Sorry.

The only way I can think of you even getting moderately close is to
crawl through the .com domain zone file, checking each one for a web
site at the other end and putting the IP into a DB of your own. Then
you can do the reverse mapping on your web site. As you might imagine
this only gets you moderately close to a solution.

Matt.