perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Tom Schindl <tomAtLi...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Updating Apache and Mod_Perl
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 07:22:48 GMT
Hi,

I would download apache, perl and mod_perl and compile it my own. I
would not uninstall anything from your 7.3-rpm-packages. You said that
you want to switch to a newer OS version.
Please also keep in mind if you want to switch e.g. to Fedora, Mandrake,
SuSE that they ship with apache2 + mod_perl2 as standard-apaches. You
should develop your mp2-modules for this target platform else you maybe
have to port them when switching :-(.

The additional diskspace needed is not very big:
apache-1.3: ~12MB
apache-2.0: ~27MB
perl-5.8.4+CPAN-Modules: ~50MB + 10-20MB

You could run the apache e.g. on port 8080 instead of the standard port 80.

Tom